1/2" x 1000ft Oxygen Barrier PEX Tubing
Mfr Part#: BPR1210
1000ft roll of 1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier for use in radiant heating systems. This product meets/exceeds ASTM F876/877, CSA B137.5, DIN 4726 standards and backed by a 25 year manufacturer warranty. Certified for use in radiant floor heating applications. UPC listed by IAPMO. PPI pressure rated at: 79psi @ 200F, 100psi @ 180F, 160psi @ 73F Weight: 62.0 lbs Box dimensions: 32" x 32" x 10"
1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier can be used for the following radiant heating applications:
1. Structural Concrete Slabs (Rebar or wire mesh reinforced, 4-6" thick). Slab-On-Grade Systems (garages, warehouses), Slab-Below-Grade Systems (basements). 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured on top of the reinforcement with wire ties, zip ties or clips.
2. Non-Structural Concrete Slabs (Non-reinforced, 1.25"-2" thick). Gypsum or other thermal mass systems over subfloor. 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured to the subfloor (i.e. plywood) with plastic clips, pipe clamps or other approved fastening method.
3. Below-Subfloor (Staple-up) and Above-Subfloor ("Sandwich") Systems with and without aluminum heat transfer plates.
4. Sleeper-type systems (above subfloor) with and without heat transfer plates.
5. Engineered Subfloors and Modular Board Systems. 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured by into grooved channels of the plywood or foam board subfloor panels.
6. Copper tube finned baseboard radiators.
Everhot Oxygen Barrier PEX Tubing can be installed using either Crimp type connection system (Crimp Tool, Crimp-style PEX Fittings and Copper Crimp Rings) or Clamp/Cinch type connection system (Clamp Tool, Crimp-style PEX Fittings and Stainless Steel Clamps). Also compatible with Push-Fit connection system (such as SharkBite), Viega Press type system and Compression type PEX fittings.
This product is a replacement for:
Watts (RadiantPEX): PB032081-1000
Viega (ViegaPEX): 11436
Zurn (ZurnPEX): QHR3PC1000X
PEX Tubing colors and packaging may vary by manufacturer.
1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier is the most popular size for all radiant floor heating applications due to it's flexibility, light weight and ability to deliver large amounts of heat. According to RPA Standard Guidelines, recommended circuit length for 1/2" PEX tubing is 250-350ft, depending on the application and type of installation.
For snow melt applications, use larger PEX tubing sizes, such as 5/8" and 3/4".
1/2 PEX 1000' OZ BARRIER
EASY TO USE AS CLOSE TO REHAU AS YOU CAN GET
Tubing was what I expected and much cheaper than local supplier. Shipping time was crucial so Fed ex tracking site link they sent was very helpful.
Just as expected.
Everhot makes a quality product that meets my expectations as a professional installer of hydronic systems. I highly recommend the product and purchasing it from Pex Universe. Together, they can't be beat.
Very reliable product
Very reliable product for a good price. Recommend.
instalation in warm temps
I found if installed in min. 60deg temp the product is very flexable for 8inch radius in floor joist. 11000ft install jet heater made a differance
Can I use this to replace hydronic radiator piping instead of pex al pex?
Read 1 answer
The tubing is rated 180F at 100 psi, so the answer is yes, as long as the water temperature is at or below 180F.
Answered on 6/3/2013 by PexUniverse Customer Service
are the 1000 foot rolls continuous or are they cut part way through?
Read 1 answer
All PEX tubing we sell are in continuous lengths and is factory packed.
Answered on 4/18/2013 by PexUniverse Customer Service
Is this rated for 180 degrees?
Read 1 answer
Yes. Pressure ratings are as follows: 79psi at 200F, 100psi at 180F, 160psi at 73F
Answered on 5/9/2012 by PexUniverse Customer Service