1/2" x 500ft Oxygen Barrier PEX Tubing
500ft roll of 1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier for use in radiant heating systems. This product meets/exceeds ASTM F876/877, CSA B137.5, DIN 4726 standards and backed by a 25 year manufacturer warranty. Certified for use in radiant floor heating applications. UPC listed by IAPMO. PPI pressure rated at: 79psi @ 200F, 100psi @ 180F, 160psi @ 73F; Weight: 32.0 lbs; Box dimensions: 26" x 26" x 10"
1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier can be used for the following radiant heating applications:
1. Structural Concrete Slabs (Rebar or wire mesh reinforced, 4-6" thick). Slab-On-Grade Systems (garages, warehouses), Slab-Below-Grade Systems (basements). 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured on top of the reinforcement with wire ties, zip ties or clips.
2. Non-Structural Concrete Slabs (Non-reinforced, 1.25"-2" thick). Gypsum or other thermal mass systems over subfloor. 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured to the subloor (i.e. plywood) with plastic clips, pipe clamps or other approved fastening method.
3. Below-Subfloor (Staple-up) and Above-Subfloor ("Sandwich") Systems with and without aluminum heat transfer plates.
4. Sleeper-type systems (above subfloor) with and without heat transfer plates.
5. Engineered Subfloors and Modular Board Systems. 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured by into grooved channels of the plywood or foam board subfloor panels.
6. Copper tube finned baseboard radiators.
Everhot Oxygen Barrier PEX Tubing can be installed using either Crimp type connection system (Crimp Tool, Crimp-style PEX Fittings and Copper Crimp Rings) or Clamp/Cinch type connection system (Clamp Tool, Crimp-style PEX Fittings and Stainless Steel Clamps). Also compatible with Push-Fit connection system (such as SharkBite), Viega Press type system and Compression type PEX fittings.
This product is a replacement for:
Watts (RadiantPEX): PB032081-500
Viega (ViegaPEX): 11427
Zurn (ZurnPEX): QHR3PC500FX
PEX Tubing colors and packaging may vary by manufacturer.
1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier is the most popular size for all radiant floor heating applications due to it's flexibility, light weight and ability to deliver large amounts of heat. According to RPA Standard Guidelines, recommended circuit length for 1/2" PEX tubing is 250-350ft, depending on the application and type of installation. For snow melt applications, use larger PEX tubing sizes, such as 5/8" and 3/4".
Great doing business with you. Fast delivery, budget friendly. Purchased Pex tubing.
I/2 OZ PEX OZ 500'
EASY TO USE AS GLOSE TO REHAU AS YOU CAN GET
Not much to say, it's tubing that holds water in & keeps air out. Provided it's installed correctly it should last a very long time. The length is marked every five feet which is nice for determining how many gallons of water it will take to fill the tubing.
Is this pex acceptable for use with potable water? I would like to have an open system where the hot water for the house is pulled through the floor so this pex would need to be certified for use with potable water.
Read 1 answer
Most oxygen barrier PEX, including the one we sell, is not certified for use in potable water systems. For an open-loop system, you would need to use non-barrier PEX , which is certified for potable water use. Since the system will be "open" type and will have a constant supply of oxygenated water, there's no need for the oxygen barrier in PEX, especially when it comes at a higher price.
Answered on 8/2/2016 by PexUniverse Customer Service