1/2" x 900ft Oxygen Barrier PEX Tubing
900ft roll of 1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier for use in radiant heating systems. This product meets/exceeds ASTM F876/877, CSA B137.5, DIN 4726 standards and backed by a 25 year manufacturer warranty. Certified for use in radiant floor heating applications. UPC listed by IAPMO. PPI pressure rated at: 79psi @ 200F, 100psi @ 180F, 160psi @ 73F; Weight: 56.0 lbs; Box dimensions: 30" x 30" x 10"
1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier can be used for the following radiant heating applications:
1. Structural Concrete Slabs (Rebar or wire mesh reinforced, 4-6" thick). Slab-On-Grade Systems (garages, warehouses), Slab-Below-Grade Systems (basements). 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured on top of the reinforcement with wire ties, zip ties or clips.
2. Non-Structural Concrete Slabs (Non-reinforced, 1.25"-2" thick). Gypsum or other thermal mass systems over subfloor. 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured to the subfloor (i.e. plywood) with plastic clips, pipe clamps or other approved fastening method.
3. Below-Subfloor (Staple-up) and Above-Subfloor ("Sandwich") Systems with and without aluminum heat transfer plates.
4. Sleeper-type systems (above subfloor) with and without heat transfer plates.
5. Engineered Subfloors and Modular Board Systems. 1/2" PEX Tubing is secured by into grooved channels of the plywood or foam board subfloor panels.
6. Copper tube finned baseboard radiators.
Everhot Oxygen Barrier PEX Tubing can be installed using either Crimp type connection system (Crimp Tool, Crimp-style PEX Fittings and Copper Crimp Rings) or Clamp/Cinch type connection system (Clamp Tool, Crimp-style PEX Fittings and Stainless Steel Clamps). Also compatible with Push-Fit connection system (such as SharkBite), Viega Press type system and Compression type PEX fittings.
This product is a replacement for:
Same size Watts (RadiantPEX), Viega (ViegaPEX) and Zurn (ZurnPEX) oxygen barrier tubing in similar lengths.
1/2" PEX Tubing with Oxygen Barrier is the most popular size for all radiant floor heating applications due to it's flexibility, light weight and ability to deliver large amounts of heat. According to RPA Standard Guidelines, recommended circuit length for 1/2" PEX tubing is 250-350ft, depending on the application and type of installation.
For snow melt applications, use larger PEX tubing sizes, such as 5/8" and 3/4".
Flexibility is outstanding, weaved through the floor trusses much easier than expected. No kinking issues.
Exactly what described as
Delivered on time. I haven't installed yet but it is just as described on website. I will use pex universe for accessories if I need them
Had installed for over a year now, no problems.. Staple up application and concrete slab application.. Easy to work with and doesnt kink easy like many other brands...
great - rec'd quickly -
Fast and free shipping
Received the 900 feet of pex and it looks good. Box was heavy but the free shipping was a plus.
Great Prices and Fast Shipping
Used for staple up application of radiant heating. The order was received within two business days of order even when we ordered the night before the last business day before new years holiday weekend.
they sell very good pex
What is ID of the pipe? Compared to the hydraulic line, it is more flexible or rigid?
Read 1 answer
The ID of 1/2" PEX tubing is ~0.475". The tubing flexibility slightly changes with air temperature - it is softer when the air is warmer and more stiff when air is colder. Overall, the 1/2" PEX tubing can be bent to a loop with a radius of 5".
Answered on 9/4/2012 by PexUniverse Customer Service