How tankless water heaters work?
1. Every time you need hot water, you open a tap.
2. The cold water starts flowing into the tankless water heater and a built-in sensor detects the flow.
3. Using the signal from the sensor, the computer inside the water heater ignites the burner, which starts heating the heat exchanger coil.
4. The cold water flows through the heat exchanger, gradually heating up to the pre-set temperature.
5. When hot water is not longer needed, the hot water tap is closed and the tankless water heater shuts down automatically.