1/2" PEX adapters are included by default. For other size adapters (free upgrade) make a note at checkout.
10-branch, Premium Radiant Heat Manifold Set with 1/2" PEX adapters (Supply and Return pair).
Pre-assembled, pressure tested and comes with everything shown in the picture, including 1/2" PEX manifold adapters.
SSM110 set is typical for radiant floor heating applications in areas with a total of 2250 - 2500 sq. ft of space, when used together with 1/2" PEX tubing (installed 9 - 12" on centers).
Complete list of components:
(1) Supply side radiant heat manifold with (10) flow meters and (10) PEX tubing outlets - lower manifold w/ red shut-off valve.
Flow meters allow monitoring the flow of water in GPM (Gallons Per Minute) through every manifold's branch.
(1) Return side radiant heat manifold with (10) manual balancing valves and (10) PEX tubing outlets - upper manifold w/ blue shut-off valve.
Manual balancing valves allow to balance the radiant heating system and are used to regulate the flow of water through manifold's branches.
(2) 1" NPT isolation shut-off ball valves with 1/4-turn color coded handles and built-in replaceable thermometers (both F/C readings displayed).
Allow to service the system and monitor supply (incoming) and return (outgoing) water temperatures.
(1) Automatic air vent to eliminate air from the system.
Air vent is used to eliminate the air from the radiant heating system, prevent air traps and enhance overall performance.
(2) Drain/fill valves with 3/4" garden/drain hose connection and a cap.
Used to purge/fill the radiant heating system.
(2) Manifold mounting brackets with bolts.
Superior bracket design offsets the radiant heat manifolds from the wall and allows for easy access and fast installation.
(20) Compression-style adapters for 1/2" PEX tubing.
Other suggested components:
To pressure test the radiant heat manifolds, use a Pressure Testing Kit (SKU# TESTKIT).
- Radiant floor heating systems:
- Reinforced Concrete Slabs (4 - 6") - garages, warehouse, storage and manufacturing facilities;
- Non-Reinforced Gypsym or Thermal Mass Slabs / Thin Slabs (up to 1-1/4") - radiant heating floors in residential construction;
- Staple-up Systems: stapled to the bottom of the subfloor between joists - with or without heat transfer plates;
- "Sandwich" Systems: installed between the subfloor and finished floor - with or without heat transfer plates.
- Snow and ice melting systems:
- Snow melting systems for driveways, walkways; roof deicing applications.
- Total number of PEX outlets: 20 (10 on supply manifold and 10 on return)
- Distance ON (On Center) between outlets: 2"
- Overall height when installed: 14.5"
- Overall width when installed (with shut-off valves): 26.75"
- Distance between supply and return manifolds: 8.25" OC.
- Compatible with all types and brands of PEX tubing (Bow, Viega, Watts, Zurn, Everhot, Nibco, etc.)
Write a Review
Verified PurchaseGreat product
Easy to install in any configuration
Verified PurchaseLove it
Easy to install easy to set up. Works very well. The best value for money.
Ask a Question
Is it okay if I only use 7 or 8 of the branches and cap off the other 2 or 3. Incase I want to add on at a later date?
Absolutely. Make sure to get x2 port caps (part# SSM407) for every branch (1 for supply and 1 for return) you plan to keep closed.
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 07/16/2018
Is there an adapter for this manifold that accepts 1" pex-al-pex? I would like to run a main line to a distant location then break it locally into three or four branches
You can use part# PAP7407 - 1" PEX-AL-PEX x 1" Male NPT adapter
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 02/14/2018
Is this manifold acceptable for use with an open radiant system?
SSM and BSM series manifold are not certified for potable water use and are intended for use in closed-loop heating applications only.
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 03/08/2017
Is there a maximum flow per branch? Overall on manifold?
Maximum flow per branch for any SSM or BSM series manifold is 1.4 GPM. Overall flow rate for the manifold in whole is limited to the # of branches, so for a 10-branch manifold the max. flow would be 10 x 1.4 = 14 GPM.
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 12/12/2012