1/2" PEX adapters are included by default. For other size adapters (free upgrade) make a note at checkout.
12-branch, Premium Radiant Heat Manifold Set with 1/2" PEX adapters (Supply and Return pair).
Pre-assembled, pressure tested and comes with everything shown in the picture, including 1/2" PEX manifold adapters.
SSM112 set is typical for radiant floor heating applications in areas with a total of 2250 - 2500 sq. ft of space, when used together with 1/2" PEX tubing (installed 9 - 12" on centers).
Complete list of components:
(1) Supply side radiant heat manifold with (12) flow meters and (12) PEX tubing outlets - lower manifold w/ red shut-off valve.
Flow meters allow monitoring the flow of water in GPM (Gallons Per Minute) through every manifold's branch.
(1) Return side radiant heat manifold with (12) manual balancing valves and (12) PEX tubing outlets - upper manifold w/ blue shut-off valve.
Manual balancing valves allow to balance the radiant heating system and are used to regulate the flow of water through manifold's branches.
(2) 1" NPT isolation shut-off ball valves with 1/4-turn color coded handles and built-in replaceable thermometers (both F/C readings displayed).
Allow to service the system and monitor supply (incoming) and return (outgoing) water temperatures.
(1) Automatic air vent to eliminate air from the system.
Air vent are used to eliminate the air from the radiant heating system, prevent air traps and enhance overall performance.
(2) Drain/fill valves with 3/4" garden/drain hose connection and a cap.
Used to purge/fill the radiant heating system.
(2) Manifold mounting brackets with bolts.
Superior bracket design offsets the radiant heat manifolds from the wall and allows for easy access and fast installation.
(24) Compression-style adapters for 1/2" PEX tubing.
Other suggested components:
To pressure test the radiant heat manifolds, use a Pressure Testing Kit (SKU# TESTKIT).
- Radiant floor heating systems:
- Reinforced Concrete Slabs (4 - 6") - garages, warehouse, storage and manufacturing facilities;
- Non-Reinforced Gypsym or Thermal Mass Slabs / Thin Slabs (up to 1-1/4") - radiant heating floors in residential construction;
- Staple-up Systems: stapled to the bottom of the subfloor between joists - with or without heat transfer plates;
- "Sandwich" Systems: installed between the subfloor and finished floor - with or without heat transfer plates.
- Snow and ice melting systems:
- Snow melting systems for driveways, walkways; roof deicing applications.
- Total number of PEX outlets: 24 (12 on supply manifold and 12 on return)
- Distance ON (On Center) between outlets: 2"
- Overall height when installed: 14.5"
- Overall width when installed (with shut-off valves): 30.75"
- Distance between supply and return manifolds: 8.25" OC.
- Compatible with all types and brands of PEX tubing (Bow, Viega, Watts, Zurn, Everhot, Nibco, etc.)
Write a Review
Verified PurchaseComplete system
This manifold was the best price that I could find on the Internet. I have this mounted to the wall, but not yet connected. It appears to be well made and arrived in good shape in solid packaging. I turned to top tube upside down, so that the pex for the return lines will point up, while the hot lines point down. I also turned the main tubes so that they point to the right for easier connection to my system. This was easy to do. The drain/fill hose connection is different than a standard hose connection. I'm not sure if I need some adapter.
Ask a Question
Does this come actually come with all 24 1/2" metal adapters for all the pex lines? Most manifolds do not.
Yes, all the manifolds in the SSM and BSM series include the 1/2" PEX adapters by default for every outlet (24 adapters for 12-branch, 22 for 11, 20 for 10, etc.). Adapters can be changed over to any other size available (3/8" PEX, 5/8" PEX or 1/2" PEX-AL-PEX) at no additional cost - simply make a note at the checkout page under "Order Comments" section.
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 07/08/2016
Can I turn the manifold with thread facing up so I could have the pex tubing coming from above the manifold. I am using the12-branch Stainless Steel Radiant Manifold Set by Everhot.
Installing manifold vertically will make the air vent supplied with it useless and therefore, the system will require a separate air elimination device. Considering the weight of the manifold, it is best to install it horizontally, as advised by manufacturer and use angle ball valves instead (SKU# SSM410 & SSM411).
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 05/08/2012