Taco VRTX075 VorTech Air Separator features 3/4" threaded inlets, cast iron body and is designed to provide an enhanced level of air removal in a large variety of hydronic, radiant heating, cooling or combination systems. Air is quickly and effectively separated and eliminated through a factory installed Taco Hy-Vent.
Taco VorTech air separator is also designed with a 1/2" tapping at the bottom for easy installation of an expansion tank.
- Works Efficiently with both Low Velocity Water and High Velocity Water
- Unique Bubble Breaker Cartridge
- Replaceable High Capacity Hy-Vent
- No Minimum Run of Pipe Required
- Vent can be Closed
- Eliminates Air Induced System Noise
- Inlet/Outlet Connections: 3/4" Female Threaded
- Expansion Tank Outlet (bottom tapping): 1/2" Female Threaded
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 150 psi
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 240°F
- Media: Water or Water/Glycol
- Recommended Velocity: 4 feet/sec
- Maximum Velocity: 8 feet/sec
- Cv: 14
- Kv: 12.5
- Dimensions: 5-3/4" wide x 7-5/8" high x 3" deep
- Weight: 7.0 lbs
- Materials of Construction: Cast Iron Body and Cap
- Stainless Steel Cartridge and Plate
- Viton O-Ring
- Taco 419 Hy-Vent Air Vent
1 year manufacturer's warranty.
Write a Review
Verified Purchaseexceptional product
The system I installed last winter is running great, I would never install anything else but the Taco Vortech air seperator, infact I plan on updating my garage with the same system as I installed in the house as I have had problems with air in the past, it runs so quiet that my only means of even knowing if the system is running is buy touching the pump to if it is warm,gotta love that along with the warm floors, later Dan
Ask a Question
Can the VRTX075-3 be installed in a heating system that has 1.25" diameter pipe? What effect will this have on the performace of the heating system if it is installed in the 1.25" diameter pipe?
The smaller unit (VRTX075-3) will restrict the flow and will be less effective in removing the air from the system. Therefore, for 1-1/4" pipe, we recommend the VRTX125-3 model.
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 02/19/2013