Brass PEX Fittings & Valves
We carry a large variety of brass crimp style PEX fittings and PEX valves to accommodate any installation needs. We also offer all sizes of copper crimp rings and stainless steel PEX clamps. Available in regular and lead-free brass.
About PEX Crimp FittingsCrimp style PEX fittings are the most popular type of fittings used for the installation of PEX tubing. They are manufactured from brass (per ASTM F1807) or PPSU (Polyphenylsulfone Polymer) (per ASTM F2159) and can be installed using Crimp, Clamp (Cinch) or Press connection methods.
Crimp PEX fittings have a long history of reliable performance and can be found in most home improvement stores and plumbing supplies across the country.
Difference between Forged Brass and Cast Brass PEX Fitting TypesEverhot PEX fittings sold at PexUniverse.com are forged brass type and are among the best on the market. Forging method used to produce these fittings ensures exceptional performance at high pressures, which is far superior to that of the cast brass type. With casting method, molten brass is simply pored into a mold, producing a lesser quality product, which is subject to external damage and imperfections. The process of forging, on the other hand, helps to remove imperfections from the product and allows to create a more durable and reliable product.
What you should know about Lead-Free and DZR BrassOn January 1st, 2014, the new Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) came into effect, which regulates the use of lead-containing products for potable/drinking water applications. Lead-free brass (less then 0.25% lead in the wetted surface area) becomes mandatory for all plumbing applications involving water used for human consumption. Regular leaded brass PEX crimp fittings can still be used for all other applications, including heating, snow melting, irrigation, utility, etc.
DZR brass is a special brass alloy developed to resist the harsh conditions produced by hot chlorinated water, which inevitable may cause the failure of the regular brass PEX fittings.
In addition to being available in standard (non lead-free) and lead-free brass, all Everhot PEX fittings are also manufactured from DZR brass to ensure long lasting and trouble-free performance.
Connection MethodsCrimp style PEX fittings are compatible with all PEX tubing types (A, B, C) and the following connection systems:
- Crimp method is the traditional PEX connection method and is among the most common today. It requires a PEX crimp tool and per crimp rings of appropriate sizes.
- Clamp (Cinch) method, although relatively new, is the easiest and typically has low upfront costs. It utilizes a universal, one-size-fits-all Clamp (Cinch) tool and stainless steel PEX clamps of appropriate sizes.
- Press method is a proprietary system with some possible variations depending on the manufacturer. While PEX crimp fittings are compatible with press system (such as Viega, Sioux Chief, etc.), we recommend the time-tested and reliable crimp method until there's enough data to confirm the reliability of this method.
Not compatible with PEX-AL-PEX tubing and the following:
- Expansion method - such as Pro-Press by Uponor (formerly Wirsbo) and Everloc by Rehau.
- Onix system by Watts.
How to select proper size PEX fittings
When purchasing fittings, be sure to match their size to the size of PEX tubing. For instance, 1/2" PEX tubing would need 1/2" PEX fittings, 3/4" tubing would need 3/4" and so on. The same applies to the crimp rings and cinch clamps. There's no need to measure either the pipe of the fittings.
- When installing a threaded PEX fitting, the threaded connection must always be made first, with advance application of PTFE (Teflon) tape, thread sealant or both.
- When making a copper to PEX transition, the sweat part of the fitting must always be soldered onto the copper pipe first, then cooled. PEX pipe is not intended to withstand the high heat produced during soldering.
- Always pressure test the system, preferably with air. Pressure ratings and duration of the test may vary by application and local codes, so be sue to check yours.
Various types of PEX fittings and connection systems.