5-branch Brass Radiant Heat Manifold Set w/ 1/2" PEX adapters
1/2" PEX adapters are included by default. For other size adapters (free upgrade) make a note at checkout.
Pre-assembled, 5-branch Deluxe Brass Radiant Manifold Set with nickel plated finish.
The following components are included with every set:
(1) Supply side radiant manifold w/ (5) adjustable flow indicators and (5) outlets for PEX tubing.
(1) Return side radiant manifold w/ (5) balancing valves and (5) outlets for PEX tubing.
(2) 1" threaded, quarter turn shut-off ball valves - one for supply manifold and one for return.
(2) Temperature gauges - one for supply and one for return manifolds to monitor supply and return water temperatures (F & C reading).
(2) Air vents to eliminate air from the system - on both supply and return manifolds (air vent caps included for pressure testing purposes).
(2) Drain/fill valves with 3/4" garden hose (drain hose) connection and a cap - on each manifold.
(10) Compression adapters for 1/2" PEX tubing are included - no purchase necessary. Other size adapters can be purchased separately.
(2) Mounting brackets.
Technical specifications & compatibility:
Total number of PEX outlets: 10;
Distance OC (On Center) between PEX outlets: 2";
Overall height when installed: 14.5"
Overall width when installed (with shut-off valves): 16.75"
Distance between supply and return manifolds (on center): 8.25"
Compatible with all types and brands of PEX tubing (Bow, Viega, Watts, Zurn, Everhot, Nibco, etc.)
Other suggested components:
For pressure testing purposes, use a Pressure Test Kit (SKU# TESTKIT).
What are the options for automatic zone control valves for this manifold? Can the Taco zone valves work with this manifold or is it only the white 2 or 4 wire actuators that work with these manifolds?
Read 1 answer
Only the SSM101 and SSM201 actuators would work. The difference is that the former is a 2-wire and the later is a 4-wire model with end switch. End switch models will delay the start-up of the pump until the valve is fully open (~3-4 minutes). Regular SSM101 does not have this functionality and will high likely require a bypass using a Taco 3196 or similar, in order to bypass the flow of water (between the supply and return manifolds) until the actuator is fully open.
Answered on 9/20/2016 by PexUniverse Customer Service
Is this manifold approved for potable water?
Read 1 answer
Answered on 12/31/2015 by PexUniverse Customer Service
Can these manifolds be installed upside down-- so that the tubing outlets are on the top? It looks like the air vents can be flipped, but will the flow gauges work upside down?
Read 1 answer
The manifolds can be flipped upside down - flow meters would work in any position.
Answered on 9/11/2012 by PexUniverse Customer Service