All data provided is for Everhot PEX-AL-PEX tubing
. While all other brands (Uponor MultiCor/MLC, Watts RadiantPEX-AL, Viega FostaPEX, Zurn Alumicor and select others) and connection systems listed below are compatible with Everhot PAP pipe, specifics such as tubing color, types of PEX and adhesive used and other details may vary by brand.
Everhot PEX-AL-PEX utilizes overlap-welded aluminum core for maximum stability and best performance.
Dimensional data and specifications
|PEX-AL-PEX Size (Nominal)
|Minimum wall thickness
* Dimensional data is per ASTM F1281 specifications and is subject to minor manufacturing tolerances.
Pressure ratings and pressure testing
|PEX-AL-PEX Pressure Ratings
||Pressure testing - Hydronic & Radiant Heating Systems
|200 psi @73°F
160 psi @140°F
125 psi @ 180°F
|(3) times the maximum system working pressure or a minimum of 40 psi, but no greater than 100 psi or lowest rated pressure of any of the systems’ components.
Duration: At least 30 minutes, 2 hours recommended
Elongation (linear expansion)
- Maximum working pressure indicates highest anticipated operating pressure of the system.
- All pressure testing procedures should be done in compliance with local codes and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pressure testing with air is recommended over pressure testing with water for practical reasons.
- For any type of cement slabs, pressure should be maintained at about 30 psi during the pour and monitored to assure integrity of the system.
For every 10°F temperature increase in water temperature, PEX-AL-PEX will expand (increase in length) by about 0.3" for every 100ft. Such a small expansion/contraction ratio eliminates the need for thermal expansion loops and any special considerations for pipe slack during installation.
Connection Systems and Compatibility
Note: PEX-AL-PEX reamer tool
- Compression system: Compression style PEX-AL-PEX fittings (no special tools required).
- Press system: Press Tool + Press Fittings (such as Uponor MultiCor/MLC, Watts RadiantPEX-AL, Zurn Alumicor and Viega FostaPEX).
is required for all sizes regardless of connection method used to ensure roundness of the pipe.
Standards, Approvals & Certifications (Everhot PEX-AL-PEX)
ASTM F1281: Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene/Aluminum/Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX-AL-PEX) Pressure Pipe.
CSA B137.10: Crosslinked Polyethylene/Aluminum/Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX-AL-PEX) Tubing Systems for Pressure Applications.
NSF/ANSI 14, nsf-rfh: Evaluated for use in Radiant Floor Heating (NSF-rfh) Applications
NSF/ANSI 61-G, NSF/ANSI 372, nsf-pw-g: Complies with NSF/ANSI standard 61-G for Lead-Free Drinking Water System Components
Certified to UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code).