rFoil Ultra CBF insulation is a multi-layer insulation comprised of highly reflective metalized foil sandwiched between 2 layers of heavy-duty poly bubble. It is designed for use in concrete under-slab insulation applications with or without radiant heat.
Ultra CBF vs. 1" rigid foamboard: Ultra CBF has R-3.8, which makes it a very cost-effective, and, in most cases, suitable replacement for 1" foam board insulation (R-5.0). It has far greater compression and tensile strength acts as a vapor barrier and is resistant to mold and fungi. It can also be used for slab edge insulation.
4ft x 125ft roll covers 500 sqft of space and does not require extensive/time-consuming/costly seam taping common in rigid foam insulation. Multiple lengths can be taped together using rFoil (part# 15853) 3" poly tape or similar.
- For use in under-slab conrete installations with or without radiant heat
- 2-in-1 insulation & vapor/radon barrier
- Quick and easy to handle, cut and install - saves time, labor and money
- Cost-effective alternative to 3/4" and 1" thick rigid foam insulation
- 6 times the compression strength of rigid foam
- Also suitable for slab edge insulation
- Non-shrinking, resistant to insects, fungi, bacteria.
- Coverage: 500 sqft (48" wide x 125ft long)
- R-Value: R-3.8 (can replace 3/4" or 1" thick foamboard insulation)
- Compression strength: 140 psi
- Nominal thickness: 5/16"
- Multi-layer 14.2 mil bubble core.