Crete-Heat expanded polystyrene (EPS) floor insulation boards combine concrete insulation, vapor barrier and PEX tubing holding grid into a single product, which significantly simplifies installation of PEX tubing for radiant heating and snow melting applications in a concrete slab. No foamboard staplers/staples or wire ties needed.
Suitable for insulating slabs in basements, garages, warehouses, etc. - in below, at or above-grade installations (Note: below-grade installations will require a vapor barrier). Compatible with all types (A, B, C) and brands (Everhot, Uponor, Viega, Watts, Zurn, etc.) of PEX tubing. Also compatible with 1/2" PEX-AL-PEX.
Package includes (12) 2ft x 4ft panels, equaling 96 sqft of coverage.
- Cuts labor by over 60% and allows for a 1-person installation - simply "walk the tubing in the board"
- Tongue & groove interlocking edges make installation easier - no glue or taping needed
- Knob design allows for spacing in precise 3" increments (3", 6", 9", etc.) - no chalkline needed
- Lays flat, can be walked on and helps to protect the pipe from damage during construction
- EPS provides stable R-value and does not need to be adjusted for age
- CFC and HCFC-Free.
- For PEX tubing sizes: 3/8", 1/2", 5/8"
- PEX Tubing Spacing: 3" (for 3", 6", 9", 12", etc. spacing)
- R-Value: R-6
- Total Coverage: 96 sqft
- Total Insulation Thickness (Top to Bottom): 1-7/8"
- Nominal Thickness (Insulation-Only): 1"
- Effective Board Size (Width x Length): 24" x 48"
- Overall Board Size (Width x Length): 25" x 49" (with 1" interlocking edges)
- Compressive Resistance @ 10% Deformation: 25 psi / 3600 psf
- Perm Resistance: .68 perms
- Material: High Impact Extruded Polystyrene