Taco ZA024Q4A1 is a Replacement Actuator Head for Zone Sentry Zone Valve, provides on-off control in both open and closed hot or chilled water hydronic systems.
The state of-the-art features of Actuator Head make the control truly universal and will prove to be both reliable and efficient. It is loaded with innovative technology and boasts a new Prostar Capacitor and a reliable high-torque, high-efficiency miniature motor. The quick Snap-in connects on the back of the valve ensuring a simple, secure and fast wiring hook-up. A green LED light shows full functionality of the valve
- Taco ZA024Q4A1 Zone Sentry
- Replacement Actuator Head
- Normally Closed Position
- Uses up to 93% less energy than other commonly installed zone valves
- Multi function LED assists with troubleshooting
- The actuator mounts on the valve in either direction
- Replaces Taco EN024Q4A2 and AN024Q4A2 Actuator Heads
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 300 psi
- Maximum Shutoff Pressure: 125 psi
- Fluid Temperature Range: 20 to 240F, at 135F ambient
- Service: Closed systems
- Optional open system configuration
- Up to 50% Glycol
- Ball Rotation Speed: Full Open to Full Close (90 turn), 5 seconds (after charge time)
- Full Close to Full Open (90 turn), 5 seconds (after charge time)
- Seat Leakage: Drop-Tight Close-Off
- Electrical Rating: 24 VAC, 60 HZ, 0.48 Amps
- Do not exceed number of valves per transformer rating
- Example: Do not use more than 12 zone valves per 40VA transformer
- Power Consumption, Charging: 11.4 Watts, 0.48 Amps
- Power Consumption, Power On: 1.44 Watts, 0.06 Amps
- Heat Anticipator Setting: 0.5 Amps
- End Switch Rating: 1 Amp at 24 VAC
1 year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase
Write a Review
Replaced old black ESP actuators
I have replaced all of my old black ESP actuators which all failed after only three years with the new green style actuator head. Quick change by just removing the old black ESP head and put the new green style on. Attach the wires and DONE! Super quiet.
This was a perfect match for my old ESP zone valves that quit on us. It took me 7 minutes to take off the old actuator heads and install the new ones. No exaggeration. It was literally 7 minutes. These are very nice actuators and they work without making a sound. So I definitely give these a 5 star rating. As for PEX...I would give them a 10 star rating! They were not only the cheapest in price, but the best in service, I ordered 3 of these at 10:30 in the morning and got them delivered at 12:00 the next day! And that was with their regular shipping rate, not special next day air or something. I expected them to be here in 3-5 business days. I still can't believe they got here the next day. So, BIG thumbs up and huge thank you's to the PEX supply team. You guys are the BEST! Now I know where to go the next time I ever need something for my home.
Verified PurchaseCompletely Satisfied
Pexuniverse.com provided excellent service in filling order on a timely basis at a low price. Replacement power head/actuator for the non-closing black ESP head is a perfect fit, easy to install, works as expected in closing the valve. Now the zones on the hot water radiant system are opening and closing per thermostat instructions.
Verified PurchaseRetrofit Old Taco ball-valve, Works w/o issue.
Went right on the older ball-valve and the connectors for wiring also were compatible. Great price, well thought-out upgrade by Taco.
Verified PurchaseWork flawlessly
Works flawlessly compared to the previous model. I currently have 8 of these installed on my radiant heat setup . They operate so quietly . If any one has the old taco esp control heads I would highly recommend upgrading to these never valves . These control heads open and close every time unlike the previous model.
Great valve.Best price.Next day delivery to Southern New Hampshire.What more could you ask for.
Best actuator to date
I replaced an older taco zone valve actuator that sounded like a ratchet in a microphone when opening the valve.This new version is much quieter and better so far.Plus it beats the local plumbing shop's price in a heartbeat.
Quick delivery, easy installation, and works great
Solved my heating issues!
Replaced all 10 of my original ESP actuators which were too unreliable to trust at all. These valve actuators are very quiet, fast, and so far, very reliable.
Ask a Question
I have a Taco E100C2-2 valve that no longer fully closes. Will this unit serve as a replacement? Any reason why I would need to buy the Z100C2 (with the ball valve)?Thanks!
Yes, ZA024Q4A1 power head works with the older/discontinued EBV series zone valves. It also replaces older EN024Q4A2 and AN024Q4A2 power heads.
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 12/27/2013