Amtrol WX-202 (144S29) Well-X-Trol is an Well Water System Pressure Tank (Stand Model) with 20 gallons volume and 1" female threaded system connection. Precharge Pressure for the WX-202 Well Water System Pressure Tank is 38 PSIG and the Maximum Working Pressure is 125 PSIG.
Heavy duty butyl diaphragm of the Amtrol WX-202 well pressure tank is the thickest in the industry and features seamless construction for uniform strength and flexibility. It conforms exactly to the shell configuration without stretching, creasing, or forming bubbles or corners that could trap water or sediment. Butyl is the best known elastomer to prevent air loss.
Heavy duty butyl diaphragm is extremely resistant to bacterial growth and meets FDA requirements for potable water supply.
Polypropylene liner provides a 100% corrosion resistant, non-metallic rigid water reservoir that is listed by NSF International Standard 61.
Welded air valve is permanently attached rather than mechanically threaded to prevent loss of air pressure and to minimize stress on the well's pump system. It also carries a tamper-evident warning label.
Exclusive welding process eliminates interior rough spots and sharp edges that can damage the diaphragm and liner.
Deep-drawn steel domes offer twice the strength of rolled steel while minimizing weight of the Well Water Tank.
- Attached welded air valve prevents loss of air pressure
- The finest quality steel of the deep-drawn dome for extra strength and minimum weight
- Unique positive hoop ring seal secures diaphragm and liner for added strength and reliability
- Exclusive butyl diaphragm
- 100% corrosion-proof virgin polypropylene liner
- Stainless-steel system connection withstands aggressive water
- Each finished tank is pressure tested for safety
- Each finished tank is pre-pressurized to the most common pump cut-in pressure
- Exterior appliance-like finish looks attractive while protecting the tank from the elements
- All parts, including the polypropylene liner, butyl diaphragm, and stainless acceptance fittings are listed by NSF International Standard 61
- Factory pre-charged pressure: 38 PSI
- System connection: 1" ?NPT
- Max. operating temperature: 200F
- Max. working pressure: 125 PSIG
- Tank volume: 20 gallons
- Max. accepted factor: 0.57
- Height: 31-5/8"
- Diameter: 15-3/8"
- Shipping weight: 33 lbs
- Shell: Steel
- Diaphragm: Heavy Duty Butyl
- Liner: Virgin Polypropylene
- Coating: Blue Enamel
7-year manufacturer's warranty.
Write a Review
Well-X-Trol WX-202 Well Water Tank
I had one of this same model tank in my basement for 33 years and never touched it. I couldn't find a new one locally so I ordered from PexUniverse from which I bought a Little Giant 1/2 HP shallow well pump. I needed to buy a pump to replace a 33 year old Sears model which had a pump housing crack. While I had everything apart to redo the copper, I thought I would replace the tank, "just because". The old WX-202 was still working and with NO! leaks but the bottom of the base, at the floor, was starting to rust although the metal still had its integrity. I only wanted to do this job once so for the reasonable cost I bought a new tank and installed it with the pump. Have no idea what the service life will be on the new one but I can't say enough good things about this product.
QUALITY PRODUCT WITH SS PIPE CONN
OLD WELLXTROLL (1977) IN CRAWL SPACE. DEVELOPED ON BACKSIDE (WHEN I DONT KNOW). AFTER CHECKING OTHER TANKS AT LOCAL BUILDING SUPPLY STORES (PLASTIC PIPE CONN) SEARCH FOR WELLXTROLL ON LINE TOLD ME WHAT A QUALITY PRODUCT THIS WAS. PRICE WAS INLINE WITH INFERIOR TANKS. SHIPPED QUICK AND REASONABLE SHIPPING COST. HAVE INSTALLED AND AM VERY PLEASED. 7 YEAR WARRANTY CANT BE BEAT
Ask a Question
drained the water from my tank to move it to a new well. does the tank keep it air pressure?
Yes, the tank will retain it's pressure even if drained. You can check the pressure with a regular tire pressure gauge if needed.
By PexUniverse Customer Service on 04/01/2013